Skip to content
- The trainings duration is 18 weeks and begins January 27 2018. It will be thought in english, includes 18 weekly three hour sessions and a 5 day intensive in Iceland, February 9-15. 2018.
- Those completing the requirements and examination for INFACT, can apply for a Certificate from NBRCB (NORDIC/BALTIC REGINAL CERIFICATION BOARD) as FAC: FOOD ADDICTION COUNSELOR.
- Subjects addressed in the training: Basic knowledge of substance and process addiction, specifically overeating and food abuse and dependency. Clinical intake, screening, assessing and setting up individualized treatmentplans. Different counseling techniques, food and abstinence programs, trauma, prevention, education, relapse prevention, 12 step recovery, codependency and the family, ethics and biology.
- Teachers: Phil Werdell MA, Bitten Jonsson MS, Vera Tarman MD, Marty Lerner Phd., Theresa Wright MS, Mary Foushi and Esther H. Guðmundsdóttir MSc.
- Price: $ 3.000.- 10% discount if paid in full by January 10th. 2018.
- Included in price: 18 weekly four hour online sessions, assistance with homework and assignments, 350 page student manual and workbook, other material online, weekly student group participation, closed FB group, 5 day intensive (Travel expenses not included).
- Time of weekly sessions: Saturday´s early morning. Sessions will be taped and available to students.
- Requirements for participation and certification:
Recommendations that show education and work training that might complement Food Addiction Counseling.
An interview with Esther H. G. director of INFACT.
12 step knowledge and participation (Preferable, not a requirement).
For the online part of the training: Computer with sound and web camera.
Knowledge of the English language.
Full participation in a 6 day intensive in Iceland.
Participation in a weekly student group.
Submission of weekly assignments and activities.
Passing final examination.
FOR ADMISSION PAPERS AND MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ESTHER HELGA G.: email@example.com +354-699-2676 SKYPE: estherhelga