Skip to content
- The trainings duration is 4 months and begins February 04.2017. It will be thought in english, includes 15 weekly four hour sessions and a 5 day intensive at the end of the term in Iceland May 22-26. 2017.
- Those completing the examination can apply for a Certificate from NBCRB (NORDIC/BALTIC CERIFICATION REGIONAL BOARD) as FAC FOOD ABUSE COUNSELOR.
- Subjects addressed in the training: Basic knowledge of substance abuse, specifically overeating and food abuse, screening, assessing and setting up treatmentplans. Different counseling techniques, food and abstinence programs, trauma, prevention, education, relapseprevention, 12 step recovery, codependency and the family, ethics and biology.
- Teachers: Phil Werdell MA, Bitten Jonsson MS, Vera Tarman MD, Marty Lerner Phd., Theresa Wright MS, Mary Foushi og Esther H. Guðmundsdóttir MSc.
- Price: $ 2.400.- 10% discount if paid in full by February 4th. 2017.
- Included in price: 15 weekly four hour online sessions, assistance with homework and assignments, Student manual, closed FB group, 5 day intensive (Lodging and travel expenses not included).
- Time of weekly sessions: Saturday 10am-2pm ET. Sessions will be taped and available to students.
- Requirements for participation:
Recommendations that show education and work training that might complement Food Addiction Counseling.
An interview with Esther H. G. director of INFACT.
For the online part of the training: Computer with sound and web camera.
Knowledge of the English language.
Participation in 5 day intensive in Iceland.
FOR ADMISSION PAPERS AND MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ESTHER HELGA G.: firstname.lastname@example.org +354-699-2676 SKYPE: estherhelga