Skip to content
- The training duration is 18 weeks and begins September 29th 2018. It will be taught in English and includes 18 weekly 3-4 hour live online sessions and a 5 day residential treatment intensive in Iceland, October 26-31. 2018.
- Those completing the requirements and examination for INFACT, can apply for a Certificate from NBRCB (NORDIC/BALTIC REGINAL CERIFICATION BOARD) as FAC: FOOD ADDICTION COUNSELOR.
- Subjects addressed in the training: Basic knowledge of substance and process addiction, specifically overeating and food abuse and dependency. Clinical intake, screening, assessing and setting up individualized treatment plans. Different counseling techniques, food and abstinence programs, trauma, prevention, education, relapse prevention, 12 step recovery, codependency and the family, the biology of addiction and ethics.
- The teachers are a global multidisciplinary team of pioneers in the food addiction counseling field
- Price for the 18 week sessions and training US$ 2.400.-
Included in price: 18 weekly 3-4 hour online sessions, assistance with homework and assignments, 350 page student manual and workbook, other online material, weekly student group participation, private Facebook group.
- Price for the 5 day residential treatment intensive in Iceland. US$ 1.400.-
(Included; lodging, food, local transportation, treatment material, airfare excluded).
- 10% discount if paid in full by September 10th. 2018.
- Time of weekly sessions: Wednesday’s early morning. Sessions will be recorded and made available to students.
- Requirements for participation and certification:
Recommendations that show education and work training that might complement Food Addiction Counseling.
An interview with Esther H. G. director of INFACT.
12 step knowledge and participation (Preferable, not a requirement).
For the online part of the training: Computer with sound and web camera and stable Internet connection.
Knowledge of the English language.
Participation in a 5 day intensive in Iceland.
Participation in a weekly student group.
Submission of weekly assignments and activities.
Passing final examination.
A signed Code of Ethics Agreement for Addiction Counseling.
FOR ADMISSION FORMS AND INFORMATION CONTACT ESTHER HELGA G.: email@example.com +354-699-2676 SKYPE: estherhelga