INFACT is the International School for Food Addiction Counseling and Treatment.
JOIN A GROWING PROFESSION
Food Addiction Counselor - FAC
LEARN FROM THE EXPERTS
Experience - Strength - Hope
BECOME CERTIFIED FOR KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge is powerful
BEGIN YOUR PRACTICE
Your clients are worth it
WHAT IS INFACT?
- INFACT is the first and only training for sugar/food dependency counseling which results in professional certification from an accredited certification body. Graduates qualify to receive a Food Addiction Counselor (FAC) certificate from the European Certification Board (ECB).
- We endorse the ASAM (American Society of Addiction Medicine) definition of addiction as a primary, chronic brain disease of reward, motivation, memory and related circuitry.
- We teach screening, assessment and treatment programs; clinical guidelines for addiction counseling and treatment (specifically sugar and food as substance use disorders); various counseling techniques; abstinence-based food programs; co-dependency and family issues; trauma; relapse prevention and education; 12-step recovery; FA ethics and FA biology/brain chemistry.
- We support abstinence from sugar and foods that trigger the pleasure centers of the brain.
- We promote strong ethics among our trainees.