IN103: A 72 hour course on the Food Addiction Counselor Workbook and the ASAM and Infact core functions and clinical guidelines for Addiction Treatment for Food Addiction.
Here we explore the reality of what the Infact core functions and clinical guidelines for addiction treatment with emphasis on food addiction look like.
We will observe and follow the 12 Workbook chapters. Working through the assignments and self-tests in each one.
This is the third course for certification as a Food Addiction Professional.
- IN103: Dates for 2022-23 term: Saturday´s; October 1,8,15,22,29, November 5,12,19,26, December 3,10, January 14,21,28, February 4,11,18,25.
Course Description: The third part of the three online virtual courses for professionals:
This course teaches about the Infact core functions and standard guidelines in addiction treatment, specifically for food addiction as a chemical dependency. Students will learn by student group participation, turning in assignments, and self-study questions.
After this course, students will be able to:
- Know screening, intake, orientation, and assessment to clarify the client’s situation for individualized treatment planning.
- Examine different counseling techniques, case management, crisis intervention, patient education, referrals, reports and record keeping, consultation, and professional growth.
- Get insight into Co-Dependency issues and relapse prevention.
- Prepare a project for presentation for fellow students on treatment and education.
- Passing examination for certification as a Food Addiction Professional.
This class is participatory and consistent with the overall themes of critical adult education. It is based on exchanging knowledge, experience, and skills among students and instructors. The class dialogue will critically examine one´s issues regarding weight, eating, and food and the various medical positions regarding the existence and treatment of food addiction. Active participation of students is vital to the successful completion of this course.
Topics will be explored through a variety of teaching/learning methods, including:
- Lecture and discussion
- Group exercises
- Pre-recorded lectures
- Assigned readings
- Learning partnerships
- On-line research
- Practical research in the community
Reading and assignment material: The INFACT Counselor Workbook on the Core Functions on Food Addiction Counseling and Treatment.