TUITION PAYMENT PLAN
OPTION TO PAY TUITION IN 12 MONTHLY PAYMENTS
The INFACT School provides a monthly tuition payment plan as an option for students to make 12 monthly tuition payments.
Upon completion of the 12th payment, students will be awarded the Food Addiction Professional Certification.
Students are expected to complete all of the participation requirements during the 7 Month Term to be eligible for certification.
At the end of the 7th month, Students will have completed the course, but will not be awarded the credential until completion of the 12th payment.
THE NEXT 7 month Term Begins SEPTEMBER 8th, 2023 and concludes in March 2024.
The Food Addiction Professional Certification Course from The International School for Food Addiction Counseling and Treatment is the only professional training that addresses sugar and food addiction counseling and treatment with a recognized International Professional Certification from an accredited certification body.
The training begins Friday, September 8 and Saturday, September 9.
Lectures and training sessions are on Fridays and Saturdays
10 am-2 pm US EST
Program admission requires payment of tuition AND submission of the following to complete your application;
- Written summary of your education and work training history, qualifications, and specializations;
- Written summary of your 12-step knowledge and participation;
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Upon receipt of your application, Esther Helga Gudmundsdottir (Director of INFACT) will contact you to arrange an online application interview, via the online video conferencing site Zoom.
NOTE: The INFACT training is taught in English with all sessions conducted in English. Understanding of the English language is a requirement for admission.
PREPARATION PRIOR TO BEGINNING OF COURSE;
Read the following books:
Addictive Personalities by Craig Nakken
Food Junkies by Vera Tarman
Addictive Thinking by Abraham J. Twerski MD.
- Examination and Assignments on the Core Functions of Food Addiction Treatment from the INFACT School Manual. The manual is set up electronically on the INFACT School Student Platform.
- Participation in Treatment I and II (Courses on treatment guidelines).
- Participation in a study group (suggested that the group meet regularly throughout the seminar).
- A Project Presentation (estimated 30 minutes per student).
- Attendance negotiable.
- (70 Hours) The INFACT School Manual; 12 criteria for food addiction counseling and treatment.
- (28 Hours) Treatment Module l: Assessment and Intake, Education on the Disease and Planning Abstinence.
- (32 Hours) Treatment Module II – Treatment for Food Addiction. Addressing the denial, emotions, trauma, and recovery plans of action.
- (10 Hours) The Science of Food Addictions. Addictions as a brain disease.
- (4 Hours) Preparation for Practicing as a Certified Food Addiction Professional.
- (6 Hours) Ethics.
- (20 Hours) Student groups
- Project Presentation pending on Student numbers project presentations.
Materials Available Online:
The INFACT School Core Functions Manual.
The INFACT School outpatient treatment guidelines.
Food plan material from Theresa Wright, Acorn, and INFACT.
Denial and Treatment Outcomes by Phil Werdell.
Material on 12-step therapeutic approach for professionals.
A Guide to Eating-disorders Recovery by Marty Lerner
Other books recommended:
The Addictive Personality by Craig Nakken.
Food Junkies by Vera Tarman.
Addictive Thinking by Abraham J. Twerski, MD.
The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous.
Acorn; a Model for Recovery by Phil Werdell.
Treating Food Addiction; Book 1 by Phil Werdell.
Food Plans for Food Addiction Recovery by Phil Werdell.
Inventorying Food Slips by Phil Werdell.
Bariatric Surgery and Food Addiction by Phil Werdell.