- The training begins September 7th 2019 and ends with certification March 29th. The course is taught in English and includes 13 4 hour live online sessions and the option of either a 5 day residential intensive north of Toronto, Canada, 9/27-10/2 2019 or a 5 day residential intensive in Iceland, 11/5-10, 2019.
- Those completing the requirements and examination for INFACT, can apply for a Certificate from ECB (EUROPEAN CERTIFICATION BOARD) as FAC: FOOD ADDICTION COUNSELOR. (The first certificate is included in tuition).
- Subjects addressed in the training: Basic knowledge of substance and process addiction, specifically overeating and food abuse and dependency. Clinical intake, screening, assessing and setting up individualized treatment plans. Different counseling techniques, food and abstinence programs, trauma, prevention, education, relapse prevention, 12 step recovery, codependency and the family, the biology of food addiction and food addiction ethics.
- The teachers are a global multidisciplinary team of pioneers in the food addiction treatment field.
- Price for the 5 day intensive and training is; US$ 3.600.-
Included in price: 13 4 hour online sessions, assistance with homework and assignments, 380 page student manual and workbook, other online material,13 lectures on Denial and other subjects by Phil Werdell, student group participation, private Facebook group. 5 day residential intensive either in Toronto, Canada or Iceland. (Included; lodging, food, treatment material) The first certificate as FAC.
- 10% early bird discount due August 1st. 2019. (US$ 3.240)
- Time of session’s saturday´s. Sessions will be recorded and made available to students.
- Requirements for participation and certification:
Recommendations that show education and work training that may complement Food Addiction Counseling.
An interview with Esther H. G. director of INFACT.
12 step knowledge and participation (Preferable, not a requirement).
For the online part of the training: Computer with audio and video and stable Internet connection.
Knowledge of the English language.
Participation in a 5 day intensive.
Participation in a student group.
Passing final examination.
A signed Code of Ethics Agreement for Addiction Counseling.
FOR ADMISSION FORMS AND INFORMATION GO TO REGISTRATION OR CONTACT ESTHER HELGA: email@example.com +354-699-2676